Patient effort and hard work each day, properly directed, will surely bring success.
Failure comes to those who grow weary in the struggle, and to those who overwork themselves and overtax their abilities.
Such people hope that by large sacrifices of sleep and happiness, and by extra application and hard work, they will build for themselves fortune, that they may be happy at some future time. They make a great mistake in this respect.
Divide your energies so that each individual day is successful, no matter how much the success may be.
It is the women who are doing little things today who will be picked out to do great things tomorrow.
And while you are making a little success each day, be sure that your heart sings while your hands work.
- Learn to master the details of your business yourself.
- Use conscientious effort and painstaking effort.
- Make a round-up each night of what you have done during the day.
- See wherein you have been in error and wherein you could have improved the day’s work and you will be better fitted for tomorrow.
- Devote a part of the evening to your family and friends, and a part of it to some good book.
We should all have some ideal which we hope to attain tomorrow (our goals), but let us remember that the way to reach the ideal tomorrow is to make today successful.
Patience is a virtue few of us are possessed of, but the story of every successful business has written on every page of its history patience and perseverance.
Do not get discouraged if your rate of progress each day is not as much as you hoped for, but, so long as you are going forward and are patient, you may be sure that you are gaining.